Friday 14 June 2013

Everyone likes pizza

I think we have had our fill of interior photos of my new flat for the moment so here's something to really sink your teeth into. I really enjoy cooking and I can't abide those who live on junk food and I abhor ready meals.

I've made my own pizza bases a few times before with varying levels of success but this one was a hit with both Mike and I!

Here's a photo of the finished product.. This recipe is mine and is quick and easy, you can adapt as you wish. This is a meat-free pizza as part of my new years resolution but you could easily add some bacon or cured meat.

RECIPE

Base

  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 180g plain flour
  • A good sprinkling of dried yeast. Other recipes recommend about 3.5 grams per base but I find just add enough until you get a bit of colour
  • 1 and a half tablespoons olive oil
  • 100ml warm water 
  • 1 glove of garlic and olive oil for brushing
Topping
  • 1 jar Napolina pizza topping sauce (I have made my own but there's no point as Napolina is delicious)
  • 1 ball mozzerealla 
  •  8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • Half a red onion
  • Schwartz cajun spice
METHOD

For the base mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then simply add the oil and water and mix together. If it's too dry add a touch more water or too wet add some more flour.

Once it's come together to a stretchy dough knead for 5 or so minutes, luckily for you this method needs no resting!

Roll out the dough into a circle, a similar size to your lined pizza tray. Make sure the dough is quite thin as it can go soggy really easier. Dice the clove of garlic and mix with the olive oil, lightly brush over the base and pop into the oven for five minutes.

Whilst that's cooking dice half a red onion and cut the mozzarella into slices. Remove the base from the oven and spread the pizza sauce evenly, then simply add the ingredients in whatever order you wish, sprinkle the cajun spice liberally over the tomatoes.

Cook for 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden, enjoy!

- Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment